Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Here is to a new school year and to wonderful people!

Twas the night before the first day of school and all through the school...(you know where this is going)

It is the night before the first day of school for me and all of my Flowing Wells friends. We were treated to a wonderful district assembly this morning full of fun, laughter and entertainment. The entertainment was top notch (as always). It is amazing to see schools come together to put on a fantastic show for one another. I always love seeing friends that I have worked with that have moved onto other schools. Its nothing like Facebook but it's really enjoyable. After the assembly, I attended a tradition my mentor teacher started and four of her six student teachers (who all work in the same district) all went out to lunch. We had a wonderful time catching up on girlie things and talking about our future in the classroom. When I got back to school it was BUSINESS! There was one minor detail my principal, assistant principal and I had to work out and that was......CLASS LISTS! The rest of the school had theirs for a few weeks already except poor Kindergarten. I was just beginning to hate the State of Arizona for trying to segregate our non-english speakers and separating them even more by giving them a placement test (which I helped administer all day yesterday), 51% PASSED! The great news to this is that instead of 3 English Learning Development classes, we now only have 1 and the other 4 are Fluently English Proficient! I was so excited and my team was as well. We worked hard the rest of the afternoon separating informational papers the teachers needed, made lists, wrote out their name tags and what not. I think I left school around 7:45 and came home to only do more work. I can now say it is all done and I am ready for the day tomorrow. I had a stressful past couple of days but I am forever grateful for the people in my life who helped me.

I would first like to thank my dearest and bestest (not a real word, I know) friends Karen and Tricia. They came to my rescue yesterday afternoon when I showed up to Tricia's office stressed out and they helped me set up everything so I could focus on class lists today. They have always been there for me through thick and thin and I do not know what I would do without these two WONDERFUL people. I would then like to thank my Kindergarten team who pulled together these last few days to make sure we were ready for the first day and they separated paperwork to go to the designated teacher. Nice teamwork and I am so happy to be working with all of you. Next up is Ben. I probably drive him crazy and nuts with all of my teaching craziness but somehow he is patient and understanding. He ran to Wal-Mart to get me last minute name tags so I didn't have to go out in the rain and get them myself at 8PM this evening. You are truly the best and I love you! I am also very thankful for my crafty friend Amy who helps me make my crazy dreams of crafting come true. You have worked tireless hours getting the school ready for our first day and I appreciate all you do for our staff as well as be a friend to me. Thank you! Meyer, Favela, Trott, and my administration. Thank you for helping me keep a smile on my face when I was frustrated over not having a class list. I am beyond thankful for your friendship. You are why I am a "bulldog" and want to stay a "Bulldog 4 Life". Last but not least, my readers. Like I have said before, you are wonderful for reading about my life stories and I appreciate you! If I forgot anyone else, I do apologize. It is probably due to the lack of sleep and excitement I have for tomorrow. 

Thanks for reading and I hope to have fun stories to tell tomorrow!

Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment