Monday, July 30, 2012

Flower Making Party

Today's blog is about an event that was held at my house last weekend. My best friend Tricia is getting married in October to a wonderful man, Alex. I am honored beyond belief to be a part of her special day by being a bridesmaid as well as her "crafty BEEF". She actually is the crafty one since she had decided back in March that she wanted to make her bouquets for her wedding party instead of using real flowers. I knew it was going to take a lot of time and energy so we decided to get everything cut and ready to go so I could host a "flower making" party at my house. All I can say is that it was great fun! I got the privilege of meeting Tricia's mom and sister! I have heard so many wonderful things from Tricia about them that I felt like they had been part of my family all along. Tricia and I also recruited her future in-laws and friends that we work with and people we both love and want her to remember that they made her "dream" come true. Here are some pictures that I snapped while making sure everyone had enough energy to craft...
Here is the bride in a black dress, her sister Hannah (hope I spelled it correctly) and her wonderful mom! Look how happy Tricia looks! She is a very happy bride!
Here is the spread I put together. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mini fruit bowls! Glad I thought of it!

Of course I went overboard and HAD to make mini strawberry shortcakes with mini spoons! Hehe!! They were yummy if I may add.

Look at that teamwork! So many flowers and hot glue gun injuries. These bouquets are much appreciated!

Look what 2 glue guns and 5 people get done! The table is getting full of flowers!

Someone didn't want to be pictured so I shall call her "flower face". hehe! They are looking nice!


Here are the flowers Tricia pre-made prior to the flower making party. She had to quill them and hot glue them. They are ready to put in bouquets!

We recruited Alex's mom, sisters, and his brothers girlfriend to help! They were in charge of making the beaded accents for the bouquet.

At this station, we had our Vicki and Nancy working on daisies (I think). It was glue guns galore in our house!

Here is the detail of one of the flowers that were put together. Crazy!!!

Now look at the table! It is covered!!!! Now time to assemble...


So that was results from a wonderful day with 14 of Tricia's closest family and friends (we missed our other BEEF Marg) but it was very productive. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of one  of the finished products but I will post it as soon as I see them again. The only way she was able to do this was by using my Cricut Expression and the Flower Shoppe cartridge. If you want specific sizes of what we made, make a comment and I will get back to you. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment