Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm still alive......barely!

Hello World! 

I have resurfaced once again after a whirlwind of a year! Summer is rapidly approaching and I have been going non-stop with Grad school. It's this time of the year where I start to reflect on the blessings that have occurred and the upcoming events that will change my life. 

1. Graduate school- It has taken me a three semesters and a summer to complete all of my classes! I can officially say I have only my internship left which I will complete in the upcoming school year with an awesome principal! It has been a crazy but fun ride. I have learned a great deal about myself as a leader and I have grown in a great way. I can only imagine what my internship will look like and how I will develop more as a leader. I AM EXCITED! I would not be here without my family and friends support. Thank you for keeping me on my toes and bugging me about getting my papers done. I am dedicated but sometimes I needed that extra nudge. :)

2. Kindergarten- This is a change. After contemplating where I want my career to take me and how I want to grow as a teacher, I have decided to change schools within my district and become a Hendrick's Hawk. This decision comes with many positives and I am excited for what is in store for me next fall. I will be doing my internship with the principal who hired me in the district. I will also be working with a smaller team who have great ideas on where to take kids and to evolve with the Common Core. We have already been bonding and working closely. I know I have made the right decision BUT I will miss my Bulldogs terribly! I have nothing but admiration for the school I call home and I only hope to keep in close contact with all of the friends I have made. 


3. Parents- This is another change. My parents who have lived in the same house for 43 years have decided to make a change of their own............move to Tucson! This has been a change in the making for the past several months and I am super excited that they will be in the same city as me. I have my aunt and uncle to thank for taking the time and patience to help them look for a place. I will say it is only 2 miles away from my house. Yeah..........I am happy about that but they are under the impression I will not stay in my home forever. LOL! I will miss my childhood home but I can only imagine what joy they will have decorating a new house. It has already been an adventure. They will be making the big move at the end of May. Best wishes that the move goes smoothly.

4. Friends- ALL of my friends are a true blessing! I am so happy that I have a group of friends that I can rely on to talk to, hang out with, and just know they are friends. I would not know what to do with myself if I didn't have friends. Speaking of friends....they also help me make my Kindergarten scrapbooks. LOL!

5. Husband- He has not changed and he knows he is my blessing. He is Ben. He is 30! (That's about all that has changed, his age!) He supports every decision I make. He accepts my faults (my Coach addiction). He runs my errands (drops off my Grad school work when he is available). He takes care of the dog (NOT.... j/k). He is Ben and he will always be my husband and best friend. 


Well I guess that is all for tonight.....I hope to update this blog at least once more before chaos erupts (aka end of the school year). Otherwise, I will post more this summer! I can see the light at the end of the school year tunnel! Happy reading!

Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment